Yes, we’re a day late. My apologies, I’ve been in a time-warp of sorts. I kept thinking it was Tuesday yesterday, even though my calendar and reminders clearly said it was Wednesday.
So, that’s your prompt. It’s a trope — but its a fun trope. Write a story that has some sort of time or time travel element in it.
I’m writing this on the fly because I’m already late for the start of a day due to some tech emergencies. So please forgive the abruptness of this.
1. Everyone participating in Word Jazz needs to have their final copy and images (which you own or have permission to use and we won’t have any copyright issues with…) to SHERI KENNEDY. Do not send them to me. Please send them to Sheri. She is on the “to” line here for convenience.
2. Tonight is the Open Mic at Black Dog. If you want some reading experience, or at minimum want to see how others do it, I encourage you to attend. They start sign ups at 6:30 p.m. and the open-mic starts at 7 p.m. My son plans to debut his “comedic writing” tonight as well; it would be great if you came out and supported him, at minimum.
3. Friday is Day Trippers Write In, currently being held at Country Pride restaurant at Truck Town (north of exit 34 off I-90). 9:30 a.m. until 12 p.m. Hope to see you there.
4. Monday Midday Muse at Toads. Another write in from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
5. Our very own Writer’s Cafe (bring your own snacks and drinks) at Carriage Insurance House at 3rd and Bendigo in North Bend. 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Still looking for suggestions for local literary figures to invite to our upcoming literary salons.
And now your moment of Writing Zen:
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ~Albert Einstein
What did you Write today?
Sno Valley Writes!
Helping Writers Reach New Literary Peaks Since 2008
Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SnoValleyWrites
“But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
Falling, like dew upon a thought, produces
That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.” ~ Lord Byron